Re: Fw: [Haskell-beginners] Installing package hsc3 – Haskell supercollider

Deb Midya debmidya at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 22 22:14:00 EDT 2010

Hi Haskell Users,

Thanks in advance.

As I have faced problem to install packages automatically, I am trying to install manually in Windows XP.

1. I have installed ghc in F:\ghc drive.

2. As a trial, I have downloaded the package array from http://hackage.haskell.org/package/array-0.3.0.1

3. I have used cygwin to unpack the files.

4. At DOS prompt (F:\Haskell\Literature\Packages\array-0.3.0.1\cabal install)

    - It looks like installing in C:\Documents and Settings\userID\Application
      Data\cabal\array-0.3.0.1.

    - To install it in somewhere under F:\ghc (I have installed haskell in this directory), what
      command (cabal instal ?????) should I use?

    - At Prelude I have issued a command (Prelude> :show packages), it does not show the
      package array. But it shows these packages:

     packages currently loaded:
     base
     ffi-1.0
    ghc-prim
    integer-gmp
    rts

    But If I go the directory F:\ghc\lib, I can see not only array package, but also others
    such as containers-0.3.0.0 and few others.

Once again, thank you very much for the time you have given.

Regards,

Deb