Fw: [Haskell-beginners] Installing package hsc3 – Haskell supercollider

Deb Midya debmidya at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 19:33:44 EDT 2010

Hi Haskell Users,

Thanks in advance.

At DOS prompt, I have typed: \ghc>cabal install hsc3

The following message appears:

Warning: The package list for 'hackage.haskell.org' does not exist. Run 'cabal update' to download it.

cabal: There is no package named hsc3. Perhaps you need to run 'cabal update' first?

At DOS prompt, I typed: \ghc> cabal update

The following message appears:

Downloading the latest package list from hackage.haskell.org
cabal: failed

Is there any solution for it please?

What will be the procedure, if I download first and then install (Is there any set of commands here?)

Once again, thank you very much for the time you have given.

Regards,

Deb