[Haskell-beginners] Re: How to delete a range from AVL tree.

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 03:41:36 EDT 2010

Hello Alexander

I suspect mydelete' isn't working because it needs a "sorted" tree -
either the initial tree you are supplying isn't sorted or it becomes
unsorted after one delete step.

I don't know the AVL library at all (I only installed it now to look
at your problem) so I can't say from looking at the constructors
whether the problem tree is malformed, the problem tree being:

> P (Z E 1 E) 3 E

Potentially very few people use the Avl module which is why you
haven't had a reply yet. You could try posting to the Cafe instead if
you don't get a better answer.

Best wishes

Stephen