[Haskell-beginners] Capture stdout from a command on Windows

David Frey dpfrey at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 15 14:08:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to capture the output (stdout) of a command on Windows.

This is what I have so far:

import System.Process (runProcess, waitForProcess)
import System.IO (hGetContents)

executeCapturingStdout :: String -> String -> IO [String]
executeCapturingStdout cmd workingDir = do
    let stdoutHandle = -- TODO: What do I put here?
    processHandle <- runProcess cmd [] (Just workingDir) Nothing Nothing
stdoutHandle Nothing
    exitCode <- waitForProcess processHandle
    content <- hGetContents stdoutHandle
    return lines content

I have tried searching on google and I haven't been able to find an answer
yet.

Thanks,
Dave