[Haskell-beginners] Network programming (select(2)) for Haskell?

Patrick LeBoutillier patrick.leboutillier at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 08:02:48 EDT 2010

Hi,

Recently I've written a Perl program that "bridges" 2 rsync commands
together. It basically allows remote-to-remote rsyncs from a "control"
server .
The code is here: http://hpaste.org/fastcgi/hpaste.fcgi/view?id=29852#a29852

In order to get better at network programming using haskell, I'd like
to try and port it to Haskell, but I can't seem to locate the
equivalent to select(2) in Haskell. Perhaps a different idiom is to be
used?

These kinds of scripts a pretty much the bread and butter of my daily
work, and understanding network programming of this type in Haskell
would really help me integrate Haskell into my workplace. Can anyone
offer pointers for me to get started?

Thanks a lot,

Patrick