[Haskell-beginners] Ignoring the result of a monadic computation

Tim Baumgartner jongleur0815 at gmx.de
Fri Nov 19 14:39:44 EST 2010

Hi Haskellers,

this was my first post and I'm thankful and really impressed how many qualified answers I got. I've been learning Haskell only for a short time but I'm really fascinated how mathematical and expressive a programming language can be (I usually code Java). Recently I read a blog post, with a function

map (length &&& head) . group

that was much shorter and more elegant than the corresponding Python code. That was the main reason for me to try to write my own code in a single line without any lambda expressions.

Regards
Tim

-------- Original-Nachricht --------