[Haskell-beginners] Red-Black Tree Library in Haskell

Jimmy Wylie jwylie at uno.edu
Tue Nov 2 16:35:38 EDT 2010

On 11/2/10 2:37 PM, Johan Tibell wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 8:37 PM, Johan Tibell<johan.tibell at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 8:18 PM, Jimmy Wylie<jwylie at uno.edu>  wrote:
>>> I'm looking for a Red-Black Tree implementation in Haskell.  I could have
>>> sworn I saw it on hackage somewhere, but now I can' t seem to find it.
>> Didn't Milan Straka benchmark one in his containers package?
> That's containers *paper*:
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/~simonpj/papers/containers/containers.pdf

It looks like in that paper, they implemented their own Red-Black
Tree-based Set, which isn't provided on hackage.  It also doesn't look
like they uploaded that implementation either.

I guess I could use an AVL Tree, but I think a Red-Black Tree provides
better insertion times, which is important for my program.

Thanks for the help,
Jimmy