[Haskell-beginners] QuickCheck properties on monadic values

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Fri May 21 12:47:30 EDT 2010

I've been using the binary library, and would like to test whether my put
and get functions are inverses. I thought of using QuickCheck but it is not
clear how I can write the necessary property. I skimmed Claessen, Hughes,
"Testing monadic code with QuickCheck", but their examples require a lot of
extra work (e.g. their queue example requires an AST for a mini-queue
language). Am I missing something obvious?

Also, what's the difference between QuickCheck 1 and 2? I'm on gch 6.10 and
doing `cabal install QuickCheck` gives me version 1.2.0.0, which lacks
constructs described in the above paper.

Thanks.