[Haskell-beginners] diagrams installation trouble

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon May 17 13:15:14 EDT 2010

On Monday 17 May 2010 18:06:29, Scott N. Walck wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> One more point about my system might be important.
> I installed GHC 6.10 using the ubuntu installer, then
> compiled 6.12 from source, then installed the most recent
> haskell-platform.

That means your system package manager only knows about 6.10 and 6.12
doesn't know about any packages installed via apt-get (and couldn't use
them anyway, because they've been compiled with 6.10).
If there aren't ubuntu packages for 6.12 yet, you have to either downgrade
to 6.10 or install the cairo stuff manually with 6.12.