[Haskell-beginners] Haskell Serialization

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Wed May 12 13:15:42 EDT 2010

>>     get (0::Word8)
>>     getWord8be 0
>
> Make that
>
> put (0 :: Word16)
> putWord16be 0
>
> ?

Yes, thanks for the correction. Word8 was a bad choice since endianness is
not an issue.

Thanks for all the advice. It seems I should avoid making my types instances
of Binary. In fact, this relates to another design issue I've been grappling
with, supporting multiple versions of the protocol. Probably I'll need
something like, putProtVersion1, putProtVersion2, etc. Or something along
this line.