[Haskell-beginners] Addable function combinators

Edgar Klerks edgar.klerks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 11:53:55 EDT 2010

Hi Brent,

I already solved it myself. I wanted to find an systematic way to
produce composition operators which composes functions with different
arity together. I stated it a bit vague. For example <*||> is (c -> d)
-> (a -> b -> c) -> a -> b -> d
I can add this types with the composition operator to create a new
operator which combines functions with different arity. In this case a
function with arity 1 with a function with arity 4:
<*||>.<*||> = <*||||>

But I couldn't find an systematic way to level the arity of the function
on the left side. I wanted to find an operator what did this, like so:

But I found another way already, which can be found in the followup. So
I guess this question is closed. But thanks anyway for your response. I
really appreciate the way the people on this list react to new
haskellers. Your are really helpful, which sometimes on other lists is
quitte the oposite.

Greets,

Edgar