[Haskell-beginners] about installation of Haskell

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Thu Mar 18 08:25:36 EDT 2010

Hi Juan,

You wrote:
>  I am a beginner of Haskell and I just run into problems to install it...

You seem to be trying to compile the GHC compiler manually.
For most platforms, that is not the recommended way to start
out. It is somewhat complicated, takes a long time, and is not
even all that you need. There is probably a much easier way,
depending on what operating system you are using.

You seem to be using some Unix-like environment. Exactly
what operating system do you have? If Linux, which
distribution and which version? If not Linux, please give us
similar details about your platform.

Thanks,
Yitz