[Haskell-beginners] Working with System.Timeout in Windows

Adolfo Builes builes.adolfo at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 30 12:51:39 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I have been trying to do something with timeout of the System.Timeout but It
hasn't work in Windows. When I first built, it didn't work, so I went to
#haskell, and they told me that I should use -threaded, then after
recompiling with -threaded it didn't work either. Does someone one what
could probably be going on ?

I'm using it with simpleHTTP of Network.HTTP, basically what I want to do is
trying to get a source, but stop trying if I don't get an answer between a
certain amount of time, something like:

  r <- timeout timeOutTime $ simpleHTTP req

With curl for example I could use CURLOPT_TIMEOUT ( in Linux ), but I
haven't found a way to say something like that using simpleHTTP.

Cheers,

Adolfo