[Haskell-beginners] database: haskelldb, hdbc, hsql

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Mon Jun 28 19:56:05 EDT 2010

after spending some time looking into db access through haskell, it
seems there are these 3.

realworld haskell showed be how to use hdbc and sqlite3 (and i almost
got things working there)

can't figure out what hsql is yet though i suspect it is similar to
hdbc.

haskelldb looks like it lets you code in something that doesn't
resemble sql. it also seems to sit on top of the other two.

so my question is which one should i persue and why?

most of my stuff will be done on postgresql (though i'm not averse to
using sqlite3 for smaller things).

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's