[Haskell-beginners] Compiling

Chris Saunders evas at mountaincable.net
Fri Jun 25 00:50:06 EDT 2010

I have just started trying to learn Haskell again (I seem to have a mental
block against this language).  Right now I'm using Haskell in 5 steps.  I
have created the file hello.hs exactly as in the section "Write your first
Haskell program".  I then opened a cmd (I'm using Windows) window in the
directory where I created hello.hs and entered "ghc -o hello hello.hs".
What follows is the output of the cmd window:

hello.hs:1:7: Not in scope: data constructor `PutStrLn'

Can someone tell me why I am having this problem?

Regards
Chris Saunders