[Haskell-beginners] Re: Category Theory

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Thu Jun 24 14:18:54 EDT 2010

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:33:01 +1000
Matt Andrew <mjsaand at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have spend some time over the last couple of days trying to get my
> head around category theory
i've been trying to do the same matt for a couple of days, but i have
nothing by way of explanation to offer at this stage and will eagerly
look at what responses you get here.

i have found the following useful sources though:

(awodey's book - it's good, but i'm having trouble filling in some of
the gaps presently)

(wikiuniversity course)

(computational category theory course by rydeheard & burstall)

(brief synopsis from stanford encyclopedia)

(now it's just a matter of trying to figure out what they are
saying :D )

In friendship,

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's