[Haskell-beginners] Re: howto reason infinite lists

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Wed Jun 23 23:59:04 EDT 2010

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:02:38 +0200
Heinrich Apfelmus <apfelmus at quantentunnel.de> wrote:

> The answer to that is that any recursively defined value is
> obtained from a sequence of approximations.

that is a wonderful and detailed explanation. i didn't ever understand
what bottom was. thx for the wikibooks link as well.

> The key message to take away is that you also need some way (⊥) to
> express recursive definitions that might loop forever.

yes i understand this now.
my a,b,c was put there because i just assumed nothing would be
evaluated till required so the idea of a terminating condition didn't
really seem necessary especially on an infinite list, but i'm getting a
feel for how you worked it in with the concept of an approximation
which is certainly something i had never thought of in that way.

thank you very much for helping alter my reasoning process and that
looks like a great site you have:
http://apfelmus.nfshost.com/
i'll be dropping by!

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's