[Haskell-beginners] Re: Haskell and Niches

Heinrich Apfelmus apfelmus at quantentunnel.de
Wed Jun 16 14:39:58 EDT 2010

Alain Cremieux wrote:
> Heinrich Apfelmus writes:
>
>> I'm using Haskell for everything. This may not mean much because
>> "everything" is mainly shell scripting and parsing for me.
>>
>> Of course, I'm still using short shell scripts for bash commands and
>> the-like. But my rule of thumb is that I write everything which involves
>> a for loop in Haskell.
>
> Which haskell library do you use to interact with the OS/bash, and do shell
> scripting ?

So far, I got by with the small  System.Cmd  module from the  process
library which is included in the Haskell Platform.

If you need to capture  stdin  and  stdout , you may want to look at
System.Process  from the same library instead. Other libraries are
available on hackage, too, like John Goerzen's (of RWH fame) package  HSH :

  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HSH

Regards,
Heinrich Apfelmus

--