[Haskell-beginners] DPH

Luca Ciciriello luca_ciciriello at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 10 07:28:36 EDT 2010

Hi All.

I've two question about Data Parallel Haskell.

I'm trying some experiment using DPH and I've wrote a little program using the functions lengthP and mapP. I've imported the module GHC.PArr and I've informed the compiler that I want to use some language extension using the line {-# LANGUAGE PArr #-}. All works fine. Looking around I've saw that some code examples use {-# LANGUAGE PArr, ParallelListComp #-} instead.

The my first question is: Which is the difference in using or not the extension ParallelListComp? Seems that my program works fine with or without this extension (if I omit the extension PArr I've some compilation errors).

The second question is: Have I to use the option -threaded when compile my program?

I'm using Haskell Platform (GHC 6.12.1) on MacOS X 10.6.3

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Luca.