[Haskell-beginners] Compiling Test.hs from reactive-fieldtrip

Stephen Blackheath [to Haskell-Beginners] mutilating.cauliflowers.stephen at blacksapphire.com
Tue Jun 8 23:47:55 EDT 2010

Nathan,

You must put the .hs on the input filename, but the '-o Test' isn't
necessary.  So you can type

ghc --make Test.hs

I took a look at this file, and the module name is 'Test'.  If you
change it to 'Main' it should work.  I think this requirement was
tightened up in newer versions of ghc.

Steve

On 09/06/10 15:36, Nathan Huesken wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Thank you for the answer. Now I get:
>
> ghc --make Test -o Test
> Warning: output was redirected with -o, but no output will be
> generated because there is no Main module.
>
> How am I supposed to comple this file?
>
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 21:55:38 -0500
> aditya siram <aditya.siram at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> To compile an executable, tack on -o <executable_name>, so for
>> instance, ghc --make HelloWorld.hs -o HelloWorld
>>
>> creates an executable called `HelloWorld'.
>> -deech
>>
>> On 6/8/10, Nathan Huesken <haskell at lonely-star.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to compile the Test.hs form reactive-fieltrip.
>>> I did:
>>> ghc --make
>>> Test
>>> (22:09) [1 of 3] Compiling FRP.Reactive.FieldTrip.Adapter
>>> ( FRP/Reactive/FieldTrip/Adapter.hs,
>>> FRP/Reactive/FieldTrip/Adapter.o ) [2 of 3] Compiling
>>> FRP.Reactive.FieldTrip ( FRP/Reactive/FieldTrip.hs,
>>> FRP/Reactive/FieldTrip.o ) [3 of 3] Compiling Test ( Test.hs,
>>> Test.o )
>>>
>>> Wonderfull, only it is not giving me an executable, only Test.o.
>>>
>>> It has a main function, so how can I compile it?
>>> Thanks!
>>> nathan