[Haskell-beginners] Foreign function interface?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Fri Jul 30 16:42:41 EDT 2010

Still just doinking around with Haskell, trying to get a feel for it.  (It
still looks pretty obscure to me so far.)

I see that Haskell has a foreign function interface and a preprocessor to
help generate.  I normally work in Python, so am familiar with its concept
of extension modules (C code written using Python's C API to go back and
forth between Python and underlying C library code), tools to automate that
like SWIG and Boost.Python, and Python's ctypes module which uses libffi.

What of these tools does Haskell's foreign function interface most closely
resemble?  Can it interface with C++ as well as C?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://www.smontanaro.net/