[Haskell-beginners] Having fun with yesod, and a few questions came up.

Michael Litchard michael at schmong.org
Thu Jul 15 13:39:45 EDT 2010

Okay this is what I have so far, concerning what I need to do on the
Haskell end of things to get it working with lighttpd.

As an example, I will use blog.lhs from the yesod tutorial

All that's left now is the main function. Yesod is built on top of
WAI, so you can use any WAI handler you wish. For the tutorials, we'll
use the basicHandler that comes built-in with Yesod: it serves content
via CGI if the appropriate environment variables are available,
otherwise with simpleserver.

> main :: IO ()
> main = do
>   entries <- loadEntries
>   basicHandler 3000 $ Blog entries

This brings into sharp relief my ignorance on how to use hackage. I
tried to investigate hackage looking for some WAI handler that would
get me what I want. Namely, turning this example into a fastCGI
application that lighttpd could use.

So this generates two questions. How would one use hackage to find a
WAI handler to use for fastCGI?
What would be an example of a WAI handler I could use with yesod?

Thanks for making it possible for guys like me to do this.