[Haskell-beginners] Parsec Monad Type Confusion

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 03:52:18 EDT 2010

Hi Aleksandar

This line looks wrong

>                    return $ Number . read $ x

Try this

>                    return $ Number $ read x

If that doesn't work then I'm not sure. The tutorial was written for
Parsec 2 but it looks like you are using Parsec 3. In practice there
aren't many differences to users at least once you import the right
see of modules (the modules to import are slightly different). Maybe
you could post your whole module if there are still problems.

Best wishes

Stephen