[Haskell-beginners] Re: curry in a hurry

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Sun Jul 4 22:02:10 EDT 2010

On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 19:37:48 -0400
Brandon S Allbery KF8NH <allbery at ece.cmu.edu> wrote:

> look up Church numerals.

i've been trying to understand the process here through this document:
http://users.info.unicaen.fr/~karczma/Essays/church.html

and i'm getting parts of it.

what is really good is that it seems to be haskell specific and so i'll
give it a try after getting a better idea about it all through the
above, the recommended paper "Church Numerals, Twice" (hinze), and some
other papers i found on lambda calculus.

these ideas all seem very different to any math i've ever done (boolean
algebra is about the extent of it as related to computer languages),
i'm hoping that a grounding in some of this will help my haskell.

>This too looks odd; but consider Gaussian integers

i'll look into that too afterwards.

thanks for the way to interpret the type declaration, brandon.

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's