[Haskell-beginners] Re: Is haskell a good choice for someone, who never programmed before?

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Fri Jul 2 17:28:40 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 22:36:46 +0200
edgar klerks <edgar.klerks at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is haskell a good choice for someone, who never programmed before?

as a recent haskell newbie myself i would say definitely yes! my minor programming experience is just getting in the way.

marc weber wrote:
"Everyone who learned Basic and wants to start with Haskell has to
change his mind."

my god yes!
i find i'm actually having to learn programming concepts properly. i
can't just sit down and create a script through trial and error. :D
a mind replacement would likely be better for me than a simple change,
but i'll settle for the latter for now.

daniel fischer wrote:
"You won't easily find a community nearly as helpful as the Haskell
community."

having been on several excellent boards for various computer oriented
issues, i can with, without hesitation, state that this community is
the best i've come across.

when i ask a question, i'm not just given an answer ... i'm provided
with a technical paper with tips, ideas, details unparallelled to
anything else i've seen on any forum i've frequented over the past
decade. (actually, edgar you are a case in point, since you were the
first to assist me).

the entire spirit is different here!

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's