[Haskell-beginners] Re: Re: testing and the culture of Haskell

Adrian Adshead adrianadshead at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 22 22:34:51 EST 2010

OK, so I get the idea that all functions are pure because they
just return actions.

So as I understand it now...

All functions are pure.
The evaluation of all functions not declared as IO results in no side effects.
The evaluation of all functions declared as IO may or may not have side effects.

But how can the function greetAdrian from the example below not be an IO
operation?