[Haskell-beginners] Re: Haskell, Ray Tracing, Parallel Computation

Jon Harrop jon at ffconsultancy.com
Fri Jan 15 19:00:26 EST 2010

On Friday 15 January 2010 18:13:17 Christian Maeder wrote:
> If you still see an older version (of the Cabal library) you may need to
> bootstrap cabal-install-0.8.0 and manually install parsec-2.1.0.1 and
> network (i.e. version 2.2.1.5) before (as described above for AC-Vector).

Ok, I finally managed to get everything working this way. Turns out the cabal
update wasn't even attempting to use the latest version. Once I'd
bootstrapped the latest cabal-install I had to tell it to install for a
specific version of GHC using the -w flag. Now I've got GHC 6.12.1 up and
running!

Thanks!

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e