[Haskell-beginners] ghc: unrecognised flags: -I

Lyndon Maydwell maydwell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 21:19:42 EST 2010

Hi list.

I'm trying to cabal install a few different packages and keep getting
this error:

ghc: unrecognised flags: -I

I've looked at the documentation for ghc online and there seems to be
a -I flag for letting the c-preprocessor know where to look for
included libraries.

For example, "cabal install -v logict" generates the following partial output:

/opt/local/bin/ghc -package-name logict-0.3 --make -hide-all-packages
-i -idist/build -i. -idist/build/autogen -Idist/build/autogen
-Idist/build -I -optP-include -optPdist/build/autogen/cabal_macros.h
-odir dist/build -hidir dist/build -stubdir dist/build -package
base-3.0.3.1 -package mtl-1.1.0.2 -O -O2 -Wall -XMultiParamTypeClasses
-XUndecidableInstances -XRank2Types -XFlexibleInstances
Control.Monad.Logic Control.Monad.Logic.Class

... which then triggers the "ghc: unrecognised flags: -I" error and
aborts the installation.

Is this an issue with particular versions of GHC or something?

I'm running: Glasgow Haskell Compiler, Version 6.10.4, for Haskell 98,
stage 2 booted by GHC version 6.8.2

Thanks for your help.

- Lyndon