[Haskell-beginners] Maximum length of a GHCi command?

Erlend Hamberg ehamberg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 16:51:47 EST 2010

On Sunday 28. February 2010 08.54.38 Kwanghoon Choi wrote:
> ===
> Prelude> length
>  "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
> aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" <interactive>:1:254:
>     lexical error in string/character literal at character '\EOT'
> ===
> It seems to me that GHCi doesn't allow me to type more than some specified
>  length of a command. Is this interpretation correct? How can I make it
>  longer?

Which platform is this? That works perfectly here. Even 1000 characters seems
to work.
If this is on *nix, maybe it has something to do with readline / editline /
whatever is used now?

Erlend Hamberg
“Everything will be ok in the end. If its not ok, its not the end.”
45C3 E2E7 86CA ADB7 8DAD 51E7 3A1A F085 AD3B CF19