[Haskell-beginners] Problems installing TagSoup.Parsec

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon Feb 1 15:42:14 EST 2010

Am Montag 01 Februar 2010 21:21:12 schrieb Mark Wong-VanHaren:
> Hi, folks-
>
> I'm a Haskell newbie.  There's a very real chance my question has a
> simple answer.

Yes and no. The problem is that the build-depends field of tagsoup-
parsec.cabal doesn't specify an upper bound on the version of tagsoup to
use. Thus cabal tries to build it with the latest and greates tagsoup, 0.8.
Neill Mitchell changed the tagsoup API, bad .cabal files break.

Fix: unpack tagsoup-parsec-0.0.6, open the .cabal file, change

Library
   Build-Depends:  base<5, tagsoup, parsec<3

Library
   Build-Depends:  base<5, tagsoup < 0.7, parsec<3

$ cd tagsoup-parsec-0.0.6
$ cabal install

email maintainer of tagsoup-parsec to fix it (adapt to new tagsoup API).