[Haskell-beginners] How to think in Haskell

Luca Ciciriello luca_ciciriello at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 16:41:24 CET 2010

Hi, here my path (in correct order) I followed to learn to think functionally:

1) Curry-Howard Isomorphism
2) Type Theory & Functional Programming
3) The Hindley-Milner Type inference algorithm
4) Basic Category Theory
5) Notions of computation and monads
6) Denotational semantics
7) Monads for functional programming
8) Theorems for free.
9) A History of Haskell: Being Lazy With Class

These are all papers you can find on Google.
Then you can start to read some Haskell tutorial.

It is not easy, but these readings are necessary to open your mind to the fantastic world of Functional Programming (I come from 15 Years of C++).

Luca.