[Haskell-beginners] Question about ghc and cabal: finding packages

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Thu Aug 19 08:14:44 EDT 2010

On Thursday 19 August 2010 13:19:26, Jonas Almström Duregård wrote:
> Try simply
>
> cabal configure
>
> in the directory where Setup.lhs (and your .cabal file) is located.
>
> /J

Or, to configure, build and install in one go, just `cabal install' in that
directory.
If you want to go the runhaskell Setup.[l]hs road, however, you have to
pass the --user flag to runhaskell Setup.[l]hs configure if you need
packages from your user db.
Or you have to reinstall the cabal-installed packages globally (surprise:
pass the --global flag to cabal install), perhaps set `user-install: False'
in ~/.cabal/config if you want to have global installs by default.