[Haskell-beginners] = vs <-

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Wed Aug 11 16:12:27 EDT 2010

i'm using them right i think because it works, but my understanding is
fuzzy.

it seems <- is used when you do things like load a file or get
arguments from outside or if you are return something from a function

these seem to take the form of something other than an internal type
like Int or String and have to be 'massaged' into use with things like
show or fromSql etc

the = is used with let and seems to work for any assignments that are
internal.

are these assessments correct?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's