[Haskell-beginners] Re: mayBe stuck

prad prad at towardsfreedom.com
Sat Aug 7 00:06:24 EDT 2010

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010 13:38:56 +0100
Brent Yorgey <byorgey at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:

> you shift the burden of proving that it is safe from the compiler
> onto yourself
> Here are some off the top of my head, for
> beginners reading this who might not already know:
>
>   fromJust
>   head
>   tail
>   init
>   last
>   (!!)

i'm trying to follow this conversation. the problem is that some of
these functions don't behave nicely for some inputs right? like tail []

also, is it better to use pattern matching (x:xs) than head and tail?
could that be part of the point here too?

--
In friendship,
prad

                                      ... with you on your journey
Towards Freedom
http://www.towardsfreedom.com (website)
Information, Inspiration, Imagination - truly a site for soaring I's