[Haskell-beginners] Re: Iterating through a list of char...

Jean-Nicolas Jolivet jeannicolascocoa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 16:39:05 EDT 2010

Haha, sorry for the (rather long) description ;) The ending was really the important part :)

Basically I just wanted to explain the context of what I'm trying to do. Like I said, I already figured out a way to do all that... I'm just wondering if there is a better way to get to the final string result than building a list of Maybe Char and mapping it using mapMaybe...(considering that some characters of the initial string will NOT end up in the resulting string)...

Every solution I found was iterating to a list of character one character at a time, and outputting a character as a result (whether it is by recursion, mapping, etc..), however, what I was trying to explain in my previous post was that; when I am processing the escape character, this character should not be added to the resulting string... This is where I decided to use the Maybe monad..I'm just wondering if there is a better way...!

Jean-Nicolas Jolivet