[Haskell-beginners] Beginner trying to install Haskell support in Eclipse and failing

Alan Shaw nodename at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 20:17:02 EDT 2010

I installed scion from hackage ok, but then I remembered this, from
http://eclipsefp.sourceforge.net/ :

You cannot use the version from Hackage (0.1.0.2) since commands have
been added for eclipsefp. You'll need to build Scion from source (git
clone git://github.com/JPMoresmau/scion.git, runhaskell Setup.hs
configure/build/install)

So I did the other thing:

cabal install -f-cabal_1_8

And now I have got updates in Eclipse from  http://eclipsefp.sf.net/updates,
and I'm about to "Create a Haskell Project." so if that process
doesn't mystify me I'm good to go for now.

And I plan to update ghc "soon."

Thanks, all!

-A