[Haskell-beginners] recursively retrieving widgets handlers in wxhaskell

legajid legajid at free.fr
Mon Apr 5 08:17:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

trying wxHaskell GUI interface, i would like to get a list of all
widgets in a frame.
My frame is composed of 4 widgets and a panel containing 2 widgets.

wlf <- get frame children   gives a list of 5 widgets (4 + 1 panel)
wlp <- get panel children  gives a list of 2 widgets

Making wlf ++ wlp gives the whole list of widgets in the frame.

But, for a more general use,  i want to explore recursively the
hierarchy from frame, without having to explicitly know wether  the
frame contains other containers ...
Since the <- syntax to get a list of children, i  can't figure out how
to write the  recursive function to get all children of a frame.
I can't write   (x <- get widget children) ++ f (rest of list of
widgets) , as for usual functions using lists.

Thanks for helping.

Didier.