[Haskell-beginners] Question regarding infering the type of a function

MoC moc at coders-haven.net
Mon Sep 21 15:47:40 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

today somebody on IRC (#haskell on Freenode) jokingly submitted the
following to lambdabot:
 > (.) (.)
It turned out that (.) (.) :: (a1 -> b -> c) -> a1 -> (a -> b) -> a ->
c. I got interested in why that is so, but unfortunately I have not been
able to figure this out by myself yet. I know that partial application
is used, but don't know to what it would expand to and why.
Could someone please explain?
(I asked on the channel, but nobody did answer so I thought I'd try my
luck here.)

Regards,
    MoC