[Haskell-beginners] Parsec 2 and Parsec 3

Chaddaï Fouché chaddai.fouche at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 02:44:39 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:36 PM, John Velman <velman at cox.net> wrote:
> I've just started picking up Haskell where I left off a couple years ago
> when I switched from Linux to OS X (and some other things interfered with
> continuing my Haskell projects).
>
> I was using Parsec at the time -- must have been Parsec 2.
>
> When I loaded HOC it seemed to depend on Parsec 3, so I installed Parsec 3.
>
> Now -- suppose I want to use Parsec 2 for my own work.
>
> Is there a reasonably easy way to install Parsec 2 as, say Parsec2 and have
> both?

You can install several version of a package, it's not a problem. You
then have to say which version to use when compiling your code (by
default it uses the latest version). If you want to install parsec3
for the code that may require it and use parsec2 automatically when
compiling your own code, use ghc-pkg to hide the version 3.

--
Jedaï