[Haskell-beginners] problem running yi on OS X

Richard Talley rich.talley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 23:50:13 EDT 2009

I'm running OS X 10.5.8 on Intel. I installed GHC 6.10.4 and the Haskell
Platform 2009.2.0.2 with no problem (thanks to everybody who made this so
easy on OS X).
The yi editor seems very interesting, so I installed it with 'cabal install
yi' (after running 'cabal update'). That went OK (with some warnings about
deprecated GHC features) and I was able to run yi which I found in
~/.cabal/bin

Pressing h for help gave me a sample configuration file for yi which I
edited to use cua keybindings and the (experimental) cocoa gui.

Now when I tried to run yi again, I got this:

Recompiling custom yi
Launching custom yi: "/Users/rbtalley/.yi/yi-i386-darwin"
yi: /Users/rbtalley/.yi/yi-i386-darwin: executeFile: does not exist (No such
file or directory)

Any suggestions?

-- Rich

--
Dealing with failure is easy: Work hard to improve. Success is also easy to
handle: You've solved the wrong problem. Work hard to improve. -- Alan