[Haskell-beginners] how to install "import Foreign.C.Types( CFloat )" in Ubuntu

Zsolt Ero zsolt.ero at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 02:11:25 EST 2009

I am trying to run a file, which works well on the university system,
but I don't know what do I need to do to make it work on my home
Ubuntu system.

The particular line which makes the error is:
import Foreign.C.Types( CFloat )

And the error is:
LSystem.hs:130:4:
    No instance for (ColorComponent CFloat)
      arising from a use of `color' at LSystem.hs:130:4-26
    Possible fix:
      add an instance declaration for (ColorComponent CFloat)

If I write "import Foreign.C.Types" at the Prelude it says nothing. If
I write "import Foreign.C.Types( CFloat )" at the Prelude, it says
<interactive>:1:0: parse error on input `import'

What can it be?

Cheers,
Zsolt