[Haskell-beginners] questions about quickCheck

Zsolt Ero zsolt.ero at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 02:00:52 EST 2009

Hi,

I have just started learning Haskell this semester, and I have some
questions of things which puzzles me:

1. I would like to ask that how is it possible to set quickCheck test
numbers to something else then the default 100 passes?

I have found an article which says:
deepCheck p = check (defaultConfig { configMaxTest = 10000}) p

which I tried and it works at a home Ubuntu install but when I tried
it at my university network, it says:

Not in scope: `check'
Not in scope: `defaultConfig'
Not in scope: `configMaxTest'

Isn't there a way of making quickCheck use a different number by using
'==>' functions for example?

Is quickCheck p = check (defaultConfig) p?

2. How could I print the result of a complex quickCheck generator? I
mean if there is an error is says it, but what if I would like to
generate just random expressions which quickCheck can do?

Zsolt