[Haskell-beginners] Important coding guideline and library proposal

Stephen Tetley stephen.tetley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 15:25:27 EST 2009

2009/11/22 Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer at web.de>:

> I never noticed the docs didn't say anything about the complexity of length.
> That should indeed be mentioned.

Maybe not too usual, neither the OCaml or MzScheme docs mention that
length is not constant time (caveat - I'm not at the latest release of

Actually I was a bit surprised that getting the length in MzScheme was
an iterative calculation rather than constant-time lookup, it's
something I never noticed in years of using MzScheme.

http://svn.plt-scheme.org/plt/trunk/src/mzscheme/src/list.c see

Best wishes