[Haskell-beginners] Type classes and synonyms

Felipe Lessa felipe.lessa at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 13:19:34 EST 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 05:57:45PM +0000, Philip Scott wrote:
> What a fantastic and comprehensive answer, thank you!

No problem. :)

> I now need to sit down and digest it. There are so many little clever tricks
> you can do with Haskell, is there a collection of them somewhere?

Lately people have been suggesting the Typeclassopedia[1] as a
good place for begginners.  It's a good reading and I recommend
it, I just don't know if you'll find everything needed for my
answer there.

In general, however, you just need practice.  Go code! =)

[1] http://haskell.org/sitewiki/images/8/85/TMR-Issue13.pdf

> If you want to collect your obligatory cookie and are ever in and around
> Cambridge UK let me know :)

Too bad I'm 8837 km away from Cambridge according to Alpha =(...

Felipe.