[Haskell-beginners] Simple haskell problem ! Help please

Joe Fredette jfredett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 23:56:37 EST 2009

Here are some hints to consider:

1. There are two ways to think about this -- pattern matching on a list,
    or higher-order functions
2. The former will require thinking about several cases,
	a. What is a "compressed" empty list?
	b. How many elements do we need to look at at once?
	c. What happens if the first and the next element are the same?
	d. What if they're different?
3. Higher order functions over the list might be easier, consider the
    `takeWhile` and `dropWhile` functions, as well as the `group`
function,
    there are several ways to use these functions to solve the problem.

HTH

/Joe