[Haskell-beginners] Re: Installing packages in Ubuntu

Nathan M. Holden nathanmholden at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 14:14:06 EST 2009

I can't say that you NEED to be using Cabal. I have it, and I'm also an Ubuntu
newbie. You can download the bootstrap installer, you'll need to install (via
runghc Setup configure, runghc Setup build, runghc Install) the most recent
HTML package, and parsec 2.x to get it to run. Then just add an alias (or, I
did) so you don't have to write a super-long command to run Cabal.

Running Kubuntu 9.10