[Haskell-beginners] Re: Is Haskell for me?

Shawn Willden shawn-haskell at willden.org
Fri Nov 6 12:19:50 EST 2009

On Friday 06 November 2009 09:52:48 am Cory Knapp wrote:
> Idiomatic Haskell won't be as fast as idiomatic C++, but it will blow
> Python away.

Based on the little bit of stuff I've done, I think I'd characterize it this
way:  C++ will be maybe twice as fast as Haskell.  Maybe a little more, maybe
a little less, depending on a lot of details.  For heavy computation, Python
will be a couple orders of magnitude slower than both.

IOW, Haskell is slower than C++ but it's in the same ballpark.

Would anyone disagree?

	Shawn.