[Haskell-beginners] Finding documentation when Hackage is down.

Daniel Fischer daniel.is.fischer at web.de
Mon Nov 2 14:57:19 EST 2009

Am Montag 02 November 2009 20:34:05 schrieb aditya siram:
> Hi all,
> I use Hackage (through Hayoo sometimes) primarily for viewing API
> documentation. How can I  store API docs for cabal-installed packages
> locally so I am not slowed down when Hackage goes down?
>
> -deech

In your ~/.cabal/config file, uncomment the line

-- documentation: True

(or was it "-- documentation:" originally? In which case you'd have to write the "True"
yourself.)

Then cabal install will build haddocks for each package it installs and put the docs in
the standard place (~/.cabal/share/doc/ for user installs, I think; /usr/local/share/doc
for global installs, IIRC).