[Haskell-beginners] Re: Haskell vs Clean (speed)

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Tue May 19 01:02:25 EDT 2009

On Sun, 03 May 2009 18:06:33 +0200, Daniel Carrera
<daniel.carrera at theingots.org> wrote:

>I can't subscribe to Haskell-Cafe, so I'll post here.

Thank you for your post.

>Here I compare Haskell, Clean, OCaml, Lisp SBCL, C# Mono and
>Fortran because they are all in the same ball mark:

Which implementation of Fortran?  According to "Fortran - Wikipedia,
the free encyclopedia" (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortran),
there are Absoft, Cray, GFortran, G95, Intel, Lahey/Fujitsu, Open
Watcom, Pathscale, PGI, Silverfrost, Sun, XL Fortran, Visual Fortran,
and other implementations.

>* There are no results for OCaml for 32-bit.

I'll be sure to ask Jon Harrop about that the next time he talks about
OCaml and speed comparisons ;).

Incidentally, why can't you also subscribe to Haskell-Cafe?

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^