[Haskell-beginners] Re: Unable to Cabal Upgrade

Andy Stewart lazycat.manatee at gmail.com
Thu May 14 21:45:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

aditya siram <aditya.siram at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
> I'm unable to cabal upgrade with the following error:
> Resolving dependencies...
> cabal: dependencies conflict: ghc-6.10.1 requires process ==1.0.1.1 however
> process-1.0.1.1 was excluded because ghc-6.10.1 requires process ==1.0.1.0
>
> I am currently running ghc 6.10.1 and process 1.0.1.1.
It's a bug of Cabal.
I think developers will fix this problem in the feature.

Now you can do below step for fix this problem:

1-> execute command "ghc-pkg list"
Find same package from two list, and use command "ghc-pkg unregister
PackageName --force" remove same pacakge.

2-> execute command "ghc-pkg unregister procss-1.0.1.1 --force"

I think that's okay.

And don't use "cabal upgrade" command until developers fix this problem.

If you want install some package, please use command "cabal install"

  -- Andy